Gemini Seated Steerable Scooter
- Black powder coat
- Padded Seat
- 8" wheels, adjustable seat and handle height.
- Seat to floor adjustments 25"-34 1/2" w/1" increments,
- Handle bar adjustments 31 3/4"- 41" w/1" increments.
- 250 lb weight capacity.
The Knee Scooter Rollabout from PRO2Medical.com offers increased comfort and ease of mobility to patients who cannot put weight on their foot or ankle, but want to remain active. With its four large wheels and padded knee platform, the Knee Scooter is perfect for indoor and outdoor use. The offset post on the aluminum knee platform allows for right-to-left adjustment in seconds - no tools required. The Knee Scooter is equipped with an easy folding mechanism that collapses using a thumb release lever and fits beneath the raised knee platform for ease of storage and transportation.
Why a Knee Walker?
Say goodbye to crutches. Knee walkers provide a comfortable and practical alternative to crutches. Knee walkers provide freedom of movement for patients with below the knee injuries while continuously supporting the injured leg.
The rolling knee walkers takes the place of crutches, which can be difficult to use for those with arthritis, prior surgeries, nerve impingement, weakness or pain, balance deficits, problems coordinating the use of crutches and/or maintaining the weight bearing ordered by the doctor. For very active people sometimes crutches is not the answer.
Knee rollators are designed for weight-bearing relief for those who have injuries to their foot, ankle or lower leg. These injuries can include surgery to the foot or ankle, fractures, wounds such as diabetic wounds/ulcers, torn Achilles tendon, sprained or strained ankles. It could also be used for partial or complete amputations of the foot while waiting for the wound to heal and fitting of a prosthesis.
When using crutches, your arms are supporting your body weight; your arms and upper back are used for mobility, in place of the larger muscles of your legs. With the knee walker, you are using the wheels and those larger leg muscles to roll with. Using these larger muscles means less fatigue for your body.
• Knee Scooter: Foot/ankle injuries such as fractures, dislocation, heel spurs
• Seated Scooter: Hip, knee and foot/ankle injuries
• Post-operative foot/ankle surgery
• Diabetic foot/toe ulcers
• Neuromuscular proble
• Padded seat allows patient to rest in comfort while elevating the non-weight bearing leg on front foot peg
• Patient has the option of using the gel padded seat or padded knee platform (sold separately) depending on the injury
• Folds compactly for easy storage and transport
• Converts from a seated scooter to a knee scooter in less than one minute, no tools required (knee platform sold separately)
• Quick-release basket included
• Large 8-inch rubber wheels with sealed bearings; great for indoor or outdoor use
• Smooth movement with no hopping or skipping
• Unique steering system with 5 foot turning radius
• Padded handlebar grips for added comfort
• Dual braking system
• Parking break for additional safety
• Triple coated painting process for better durability
• Limited lifetime warranty on frame90 days on all other parts
• Knee Platform Measurements: 7"(W) x 14"(L)
• Knee Pad Height Adjustment: 18" - 23 ½"
• Adjustable Seat Height: 25" - 34 ½", with one inch increments
• Adjustable Handle Height: 31 ¾" - 41", with one inch increments
• Product Weight: 23.8 lb.
• Weight Capacity: 250 lb.