Glutasolve® Glutamine Supplement from PRO2 Medical Nutrition contains supplemental L-glutamine, an amino acid that is an important fuel source for the cells of the digestive tract. Each serving contains 15 grams of L-glutamine. Mixes easily with foods such as yogurt, applesauce or pudding. See the recipes section for more ideas.
Intended for oral consumption or tube feeding administration.
Oral Administration: Mix one packet of GLUTASOLVE® powder into 4 fl oz of a favorite hot or cold beverage, or with soft foods such as yogurt, applesauce or pudding. Stir well and consume immediately after mixing.
Tube Feeding Administration: Mix one packet of GLUTASOLVE® powder with 2-4 fl oz (60-120 mL) warm water. Administer immediately by syringe through a feeding tube. Minimum tube size recommended is 8 Fr. Flush tube with a minimum of 1-2 fl oz (30-60 mL) water before and after administration. Adding GLUTASOLVE® powder directly to enteral formula is not recommended.
Peripheral Neuropathy Protocol: Consumer GLUTASOLVE® solution for 4 days starting 24 hours after receiving platinum compounds and/or taxane-based chemotherapy. Mix 3 packets GLUTASOLVE® powder (30 g L-glutamine) into 9 fl oz (270 mL) of water and refrigerate. Mix vigorously before consuming (powder will settle during refrigeration). Consume approximately 3 fl oz (90 mL) 3 times per day.
Glutasolve Glutamine Supplement Features
- Designed for conditions associated with gastrointestinal (GI) injury or disease
- Primary fuel source for cells of the GI mucosa and cells of the immune system such as lymphocytes
- The addition of enteral glutamine is supported by the Critical Care Nutrition Guidelines for consideration in burn, trauma, and mixed ICU patients
- Mixes easily with foods such as yogurt, applesauce or pudding
- Recipes available at www.nestlenutritionstore.com
- Suitable for these diets: lactose-free, gluten-free, kosher, cholesterol-free
- Provides nutritional support for individuals with malabsorption and GI disorders associated with: GI surgery, chemotherapy and radiation, inflammatory bowel disease, HIV/AIDS on HAART (Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy), infectious enteritis or metabolic stress states: severe burn injuries, trauma, post-op recovery
- Note: See individual product labels for ingredients, allergen statements, and indications for use
- Product appropriate for use in individuals greater than 3 years old
|Manufacturer||Nestle Healthcare Nutrition|
|Calories per Serving||90 Calories|
|Container Size||22.5 Gram|
|Container Type||Individual Packet|
|User||Ages 3 and Up|
INGREDIENTS (UNFLAVORED): L-GLUTAMINE, MALTODEXTRIN
Appropriate for these diets:
lactose-free, gluten-free, kosher, cholesterol-free
Not for IV use. USE UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION
Glutasolve® Glutamine Supplement