Important IntelliSkin Compression Wear Sizing GuidelinesPosted on 14 Dec 15:59
IntelliSkin Compression Wear
When choosing sizing for your IntelliSkin we go by both your chest size and weight. If you fit into more than one size category (see attached size chart), we always recommend going with the larger of the two sizes. You do not want the garment to be too tight under the arms.
2. Lift the front neckline straight up (not out away from your neck) to nose level so that the shirt rides up the torso. Let go.
3. Gather the back bottom seam and continue gathering up to the mid-back.
4. While holding the gathered back bottom seam, look up at the ceiling and squeeze your shoulder blades together.
5. Pull down firmly on the gathered material so you feel the shirt taut against the front of your shoulders.
1. Pull bra on overhead or zip into bra.
2. With your shoulders back and down, lift straps up and over outside of shoulders.
3. Maintaining shoulders back and down, look up to the ceiling, grab the back bottom seam with both hands and pull down firmly.
1. Hip Flexor Test: With patient laying supine on table legs straight, have them lift right leg up six inches off table. Turn foot out. Test hip flexor strength by pushing down firmly on quadricep while patient resists. Repeat with opposite leg. Note weaker side.
2. Faber’s Test: Patient remains lying supine to perform Faber’s test. Patient crosses right ankle over left knee. Apply pressure downward on knee to determine point of restriction. Repeat with opposite leg. Note side with least hip mobility.
3. Based upon the results of these two tests, you can now apply the shorts. Release all Velcro straps before patient puts on shorts. Once on, patient should stand in stable stance with legs shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent and feet slightly turned in. Patient maintains this position as straps are adjusted.
4. On the side that the hip flexor tested weakest, with patient holding stable, apply strong tension to the pelvic strap while pulling it across the waist. Attach first Velcro strip just medial to the A.S.I.S. then release strap. Pelvic de-rotation can be further enhanced by pulling same strap further across waist and attaching second Velcro strip. On the opposite leg, simply attach Velcro across waist with light tension.
5. Now adjust strap on hip that was tightest according to Faber’s test. Apply strong tension as you pull strap up between legs and attach first Velcro strip between groin and medial quadricep. Continue strong pull toward lateral quadricep as you attach second Velcro strip. On the opposite leg, simply attach Velcro toward lateral quadricep with light tension.
6. Conduct Hip Flexor and Faber’s tests a second time to ensure proper fit and instant improved function.
BORN FROM KINESIOLOGY TAPING
The Kinesiology Taping method is a rehabilitative taping technique that is designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while providing support and stability to muscles and joints. This method allows for the body’s natural range of motion as well as providing extended soft tissue manipulation to prolong the benefits of manual therapy administered within the clinical setting. IntelliSkin takes the idea of taping a step further, using highly-engineered fabrics with different stretch characteristics that mimic the effects of taping. IntelliSkin Compression Wear Products have been clinically proven to improve both posture and alignment.